The responsible processor of Marmara Sterling personal data: Marmara Sterling OÜ, Valdeku 39, 11621 Tallinn, Estonia.
Protection of personal information
Personal data is data that Marmara Sterling collects in order to provide a service, identify a person, and contact a person in order to provide a service or resolve issues.
Marmara Sterling e is committed to protecting the personal data of customers and users, as well as their privacy. Marmara Sterling activity on the Internet is in accordance with all relevant actions and relevant legal acts of the European Union, the laws of the Republic of Estonia, including Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679. Marmara Sterling takes all precautionary measures (including administrative, technical and physical measures) to protect the collected personal data. Only authorized persons have access to change and process data.
All personal data that becomes known during a visit to the Marmara Sterling website and purchases made in the administrative environment of the account is treated as confidential information. An encrypted data exchange channel with banks guarantees the security of the buyer's personal data and bank details.
Marmara Sterling takes all security measures (including physical, information technology and organizational) to protect the processed personal data. Only authorized persons have access to personal data, and the personal data of all Marmara Sterling clients are treated as confidential information.
1. What data is collected?
- information that you yourself have provided as a regular customer or user of the online store (including first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, and purchase history);
- information that you provide to us in connection with the order of goods/services and messages sent by e-mail;
- other information that you provide to Marmara Sterling.
When visiting the Marmara Sterling online store, the following non-personalized data is collected about the visitor:
- information about visiting the online store (including IP address, geographic location, type and version of the Internet browser, operating system, link source, visit duration, page views, site navigation, time and date of visit, and other. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, Meta Pixel to collect, track and analyze information about transactions between you and us or in connection with our online store, including product information and services purchased from us;
- We collect data about visits to the site and stay on the site in order to improve the operation of the sites and make it more convenient for visitors.
- In order to process the data of legal entities, we collect the following information: company name, registration number, VAT registration number, address, e-mail addresses for contacting and sending an invoice, names of contact persons representing the company, as well as their e-mail addresses and contact number.
- Payments are processed by Montonio Finance UAB and Stripe Inc. When processing payments, Montonio Finance UAB ans Stripe Inc. acts as an independent data controller and only provides Marmara Sterling with information about the successful transfer of the payment. In installment banking services, our partner is Esto AS.
2. Use of personal data
Marmara Sterling may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for the execution of the contract of sale
- to manage an online store
- to tailor the online store to your needs;
- to enable you to access and use the services of the online store;
- to ship the goods you have purchased by sharing your delivery address with logistics partners;
- to send messages, pay bills and receive payments;
- to send emails you have been subscribed for;
- to address inquiries, feedback and complaints submitted by you related to our products;
- to send you regular e-mails about our new products, special offers or other information that we think might be of interest to you, using the e-mail address you provided;
- also to use your personal data to contact you and ask permission to use/publish your purchase history in our marketing or sales materials.
2.How long is the collected data kept?
The data of persons who are registered as regular customers of Marmara Sterling are stored indefinitely. Non-personally identifiable technical data collected on the web page of the Marmara Sterling online store is stored indefinitely.
Personal data related to personalized requests and/or transactions are stored for up to 7 years from the last interaction with the service provider, based on the obligation to prove transactions contained in the Accounting Law.
Interaction is considered in particular to respond to direct marketing by viewing or clicking on a link.
4. To whom can be shared the collected data?
Marmara Sterling is the responsible processor of personal data. Personal data processed by Marmara Sterling may, without the consent of the person, be transferred only to an institution or person who has a direct right to do so based on the law (for example, a court or pre-trial clerk) and a justified need.
Personal data processed by customers as part of Marmara Sterling purchases is treated as confidential and the right to process, publish or transfer this data is solely the responsibility of the owner of the data (client).
Marmara Sterling, at the request of the client, provides technical assistance in the processing of data, but this does not change the relationship of ownership of the data and responsibility for them.
If the client, who has joined the Loyalty Program or Newsletter mailing, has given his/her consent, Marmara Sterling may transfer the client's e-mail address to cooperation partners in order to better serve the client. Each client has the right to revoke previously given consent at any time.
The cooperation partner to whom the data is transferred is Klaviyo Inc.
5. What rights does a person have to the collected data?
The right to request information about collected data, edit, and request to stop processing all collected data.
A client who has registered in the online store has the right to access, change/correct his personal data in the online store account management environment. If personal data cannot be changed, obtained or provided on the website, then you should submit an application to us in a way that allows you to identify the person to receive or correct the data. If possible, the data is provided or corrected within 7 working days.
If you wish to unsubscribe from direct marketing offers please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the link found in marketing emails.
If there is no legal basis for the processing of personal data, their publication or the provision of access to data (no longer), then you can demand the cessation of use or deletion of the data, the cessation of the publication of data or the possibility of accessing data. To do this, applications should be submitted in a way that allows the person to be identified.
The client has the right to demand the termination of processing or the correction, deletion or closure of his personal data at any time. Marmara Sterling performs the relevant transaction no later than within three working days from the submission of a written application by the client.
If the client considers that his rights have been violated during the processing of personal data, he has the right to apply for termination of the violation to Marmara Sterling, the Data Protection Inspectorate or the court.